QuickBooks is a bug-free business accounting application that has more than 88% market share. The application has been designed by thorough testing and is updated periodically to ensure that it is free from all possible issues. However, the risk of data corruption has been a source of continuous trouble for all QuickBooks users. As any other database, a QuickBooks database may get corrupt due to network glitches, disk crashes, bad software, human errors, and more.
In a similar situation, you may receive ‘Error: -1, 0’ while trying to open or update your QuickBooks company file. If the error message displays ‘QuickBooks could not open a file necessary to process tax forms…’, you may copy the file to a different computer and complete the file update there. Once the update is performed, you can copy the file back to your system.
The above error may show up due to any of the following reasons:
- The Regional and Language settings of your system are not set to English (United States).
- The name of the company file has special characters, such as @, #, &, *, %, $.
- The memorized transactions in your QuickBooks database are corrupt.
In order to work around this problem, you need to try the possible below given resolutions:
- Verify the Regional and Language settings of your system and choose ‘English (United States)’ as default.
- Rename your QuickBooks company file to a different name that does not include special characters.
- Copy the file to a different location or folder and then try to open it.
- In case you have changed ‘Admin’ to a different name, follow these steps:
- On the QuickBooks Company menu, select ‘Users’ and choose ‘Setup Users and Roles’.
- Choose ‘Admin’ and click ‘Edit’.
- Verify if the username is ‘Admin. If not, change it.
- Try to open the file.
- Verify the company file using ‘Verify Data’ utility. If errors are detected, rebuild the file by running the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility.
- Verify if there are damaged transactions in your company file. To do so, follow the given procedure:
- On the ‘Reports’ menu, select ‘Custom Transaction Detail Report’.
- From the ‘Dates’ drop-down, select ‘All’.
- Verify the transaction dates to make sure that are consistent.
- If the dates are normal, then something else might be damaged.
If you fail to quickbooks recovery in your company file, take help of professional QuickBooks database recovery software. These advanced tools help you repair damaged QuickBooks database to recover all the critical financial accounting information. These software support all editions of QuickBooks 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007.